Monday 22 June 2009

Amazing News !!

Oh my wows!!

I've just got back from town after meeting up with my bestest friend on the planet.
Deagan told me he had some news that might make me smile a little and so of course I was intrigued. We settled into the comfy couches in my favourite veggie cafe and I waited patiently.

'So, I had a chat with my dad last night and...' He grinned at me as the waitress came to take our order. I was desperate to know what this news was!

'And what, Deagan?' I demanded.

'Hold on. I am ordering my lunch.' He was taking his time on purpose, it amused him but I was getting more agitated. When we had finally both ordered I asked him again.

'What? What have you been talking to your dad about?' He could tell I meant business this time.

'So I spoke to my dad. He said not only will he let me use his recording equipment but he will record and mix us himself. For free.' He flashed me a grin again. I just stared at him, unable to find the words. 'Cherry? That means we can have our first proper CD. Whenever we are ready of course.'

'Oh. My. Wows.' I said calmly. Deagan's dad, Skin, was practically famous and having a CD made by him, especially our first CD, would be amazing. Skin doesn't need a job anymore, he's made so much money in his own band and recording others that Deagan and his family live quite comfortably in a huge house... yes, they even have a swimming pool.

'I know.' Deagan agreed. He was modest, he never boasted about his Dad or the way that they lived but even he knew how much it would help our band out having his Dad's name stamped on our CD.

I suddenly feel like I should start working hard. If Skin is prepared to help us then we need to start putting some effort in. The band had originally been for fun and although Skin was impressed when he first heard us, he had always told Deagan how important it was to work your way up, appreciate everything you acheive.

Even though we knew Skin could launch us into semi-fame straight away, he refused to. He wanted us to work hard for the band just as he had with his own band he would only help us with a CD when he saw how serious we were getting. This was a wake up call. Skin obviously saw some potential in our band - Blinding Lollipop and the Helter Skelter Whiz Kids - and now was our chance to truly prove to him how dedicated we would be to this band.

Eeek!

I am sooooo excited!

Love and Music,
Cherry
[)o

No comments:

Post a Comment